Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Life Choices

Ran into someone from the past last night and it got me thinking for a little while how I miss those days of fun. Almost every night be it weekday or weekend, i will be having fun, singing, playing pool, chatting, etc etc etc. It really has been so long since I last had fun like that. I was tempted to join them for a round but responsibility made me shake my head and bid adieus. Yes I had a fur ball waiting at home and I bet my man will not be too pleased about it too. Could have gone on the sly without him knowing but the thought of them calling me in future and me having to reject them many more times more deterred me. I think what i miss is the activities and not so much the company perhaps. The thing is life is so busy now we forget to inject some fun in our lives. He also does not like singing or playing pool. I really hope that he would try.

Maybe the past comes haunting? This morning I ran into C. C used to serenade me with his guitar and singing back in uni. He was really sweet and very SNAG material. He was also a high flyer who got 1st class honours, scholarships both local and in london and is now back in Singapore on EXPAT terms. can u believe it? back working in your home country on expat terms....anyway back when i was in spitland, he wanted to visit me. all the way from london He has always kinda clinged on to liking me and if i wanted i know i could have started something. He is one of the most successful, have made it guy I know. Yet I made my choice to not pursue anything as seriously there are no sparks. I know what people say about love fades and its companionship after a few yrs of marraige. It probably means I can be the Tai Tai i wanna be with him but I have made my bed and chose my guy. I will stick by my choice and make it work too. We may not be as rich but maybe we will be happier?

Temptations are always present and someone weaker may subcumb but I guess I am stronger than most. I hold faithfulness as the topmost priority and expect nothing less in return. I do not invite trouble by not even starting any possibility. Yeah so and so can be platonic friends but doesn't all trysts start off as friends? One innocent dinner/drink leads to a 2nd, one smsed good night leads to a good night kiss, one platonic relationship leads to a misunderstanding...... if there is a slight chance it will hurt my current man, i will pass.

This morning I walked the other way without even catching his eye or saying hi.

0 contradictions:

graphic counters