Thursday, August 14, 2008

Better get married fast

Planning for a wedding is more painful than planning for the reno of the house I feel. With the house we only had to contend with ourselves. For a wedding it seems, everyone has 2 cents to share.



We are kinda late in our planning it seems as many ideal places are already reserved by others. If we were willing to spend all our fortune and maybe even take a loan my friend, things would be a lot simpler cos I will just fly all my guest to an exotic island, build a air conditioned tentage/ mini ball room smack in the middle of the island and let them sigh at how wonderful my wedding is.

Poof! Back to reality. I want to have a nice memory of what will be the most impt day of my life in 2009. Ok ok probably my entire life next to the birth of my future child =P ......BUT I am so not willing to spend $10-15k treating a typical wedding dinner which gets forgotten the next day no matter if that dinner costs me $140 per pax. ($10-15k net cost calculated based on ave $100 ang pows and those tables taxed by the female government aka my mum). I mean I will not thank the bride and groom for eternity for holding their dinner at Conrad cos the food is good and the surrounding nice. I will say thanks a lot on that day and maybe brag about it for them to a couple of friends over coffee in the next month and then "huh what exp dinner". What's worse is that the typical aunty/relative crowd who always have something to complain about regardless of whether the cook is reknown or not. EH auntie u paid $50 ang pow so sshhhhh up.

Ok probably all the banquet checking and venue sourcing is making me cynical. The prices are horrendous in 2009. All 5-stars hotel charge above $1k per table of 10 or have some 40-50 min table requirements. It is said that there is 10% increase every wear, so my dear pak-tor-ing couples get married fast if you are still pondering when cos ang pow $$ increase never matches up to the dinner cost inflation!

0 contradictions:

graphic counters