Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Easy Brekkie + Dinner

Had 4 eggs in the fridge that had to be consumed as the expiry is the next day. Want something simple yet suitable for breakfast and something for dinner. There were also some portobello mushrooms (3 to be exact) that I had to use too as its been sitting there for a while. Dislike cooking anything that requires too many condiments as I cannot possibly buy a bunch of lemon grass, a whole pepper or say a lemon just to suit the asking for a few slivers of lemon grass, 1 teaspoon of diced pepper or some lemon zest. What am I to do with the remainder? yeah so I always improvise with what I have and try to imagine the taste in my mind using whatever i have on hand.

So first I got rid of 1 egg making a Crustless Spinach Mushroom Quiche. Again making do cos i do not have time to make a crust. Guessimation at work!

  1. Saute diced portobello mushroom (1/2 of it only as i am making a single portion for his brekkie) in butter
  2. Add in frozen spinach in cream about a fist size worth and fry until its not as wet
  3. Beat the egg in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of fresh milk, garlic salt and black pepper and shredded pizza cheese
  4. Add spinach and mushroom mix and back at 180 deg cel for 25mins
Tah dah.......not too bad i say for my virgin attempt, tasted pretty authentic :D

Next I cooked rice. Unagi Don yum...my fav for a fast easy dinner

  1. Saute remainder 2.5 portobello in butter (generous amt since i want to add to flavor the rice), dish and set aside
  2. Cut the frozen unagi (yeah i always have frozen backups for days like that, cheap and good compared to fresh items that u have to force yourself to finish within 1-3days) into strips and fry with some yakiniku sauce
  3. When the rice is ready, I add in the portobello in butter, some yakiniku sauce and soy sauce and mixed the rice
  4. Dish and lay the unagi on top
  5. Fry remainder 1.5 eggs each in a runny 85% cook state and lay it above.
nice!

0 contradictions:

graphic counters