Friday, June 27, 2008

Not afraid of the dark

there are days whereby i just feel like hiding. i feel like an imposter now smiling to everyone and talking in a cheerful manner when all i wanna do is to curl up, let depression take over and space out. i do not wish to know how great your day was as mine feels like a bottomless pit. today i feel i need to hide in the dark so i do not have to put up a smile for anyone.



Broken Puppet

by me

There by the window

Sitting by the ledge

Cast aside and forgotten

My strings lay slack

The sun’s rays are making my wooden face crack

The rain’s droplets are making my pink costume wet

Once I danced on that glittering stage

Once they stood spellbound there in front of the stage

Now the pink has faded to grey

Now my painted smile looks less gay

I been sitting here exposed yet unseen

I been sitting here looking at the same backyard scene


0 contradictions:

graphic counters